Christmas comes faster than most of us realize, especially for those with busy careers. OK, maybe December creeps along slower than eager children may desire, as they open the daily doors on their Advent calendars. But for grownups with full schedules and lengthy holiday gift recipient lists, the month seems to zip by all too quickly.
If you haven’t finished your holiday shopping or crafting, or if you have run out of time before you have reached the end of Santa’s “Nice List,” you might consider these last-minute gift ideas. Most of these items are suitable for just about anyone – even colleagues, customers, or bosses.
NOTE: Written by this author, this copyrighted material originally appeared on another publisher’s site. That site no longer exists. This author holds all rights to this content. No republication is allowed without permission.
20 super last-minute holiday gifts for almost anyone.
- Baked goods – homemade or store-bought
- Bath products – bath salts, body washes, brushes, bubble baths, loofahs, or soaps
- Books – especially holiday books, gift books, or current bestsellers
- Candles – scented jar candles, pillars, tapers, tea lights, or votives
- Candy – chocolates, giant candy canes, mints, or truffles
- Gift cards – for music downloads, movies, popular stores, restaurants, or websites.
- Gift wrapping supplies – brand-new gift bags, wrapping paper, ribbons and bows
- Gourmet foods – jams, nuts, olive oils, pepper sauces, sundae toppings
- Holiday decorations – candle holders, placemats, tablecloths, tree toppers, wreaths
- Holiday music – CD compilations
- Houseplants – live or silk
- Mittens – fuzzy mitts or leather gloves
- Ornaments – handcrafted or purchased collectibles
- Party goods – holiday-themed paper cups, plates, napkins
- Picture frames – various sizes with or without snapshots
- Plush pets – child-friendly stuffed animal toys
- Pot pourri – favorite scents
- Scarves – silk or warm and woolly
- Socks – fun prints or winter-worthy
- Writing papers – casual note cards or formal stationary
Plenty of holiday celebrants and party hosts keep secret supplies of these sorts of gifts on-hand, just in case they need last-minute presents to offer to unexpected drop-ins or to reciprocate to gift-givers they has not anticipated. That way, they can toss choice items in pretty gift bags and be Santas-on-the-spot with a few last-minute gifts that don’t appear to be last-minute at all.
Adapted from public domain image.